Shopping for cowboy boots online
- 1) Each boot brand can size/fit a bit differently.
- 2) Second hand means someone has already done the heavy lifting of stretching them out for you.
Although challenging, it can be done!
If you receive your boots in the mail and they don't fit the way you need them to fit, simply ship them back to us within 14 days of the purchase date for an exchange, store credit, or refund.
You should be able to answer yes to the following questions once your boot is on your foot.
- Is the ball of your foot in the widest part of the boot?
- Is the point of your toe in the middle of the toe box or about 1" from the end?
- Do your toes have wiggle room?
- Does the boot fit like a firm handshake across your instep?
- Is there a 1/4" slip in the heel?
To find the right size boot for you, you will need to know your foot size as well as width.
Most boot sizes are comparable to a pair of dress shoes that you typically wear. Start here. Then you need to determine your foot width.
Women's boot widths are usually sized as:
- A (Narrow)
- B (Medium/Average)*
- C (Wide)
Men's boot widths are usually sized as:
- B (Narrow)
- D (Medium/Average)*
- E (Wide)
- EEE (Extra Wide)
Cowboy boots can cross gender. Women can typically convert into a men's boot size 1 1/2 sizes smaller than their own. Example Women's 10 can usually where a Men's 8 1/2.
*90% of the population has a medium/average foot width
Thicker socks and boot inserts (full insoles or ball of foot cushions) can be helpful in filling in gaps if your boots are just a bit too large.